Since the last time we talked (the trip to France), DadZ had been diagnosed at Stage 1 pancreatic cancer (January, 2014). Diagnosis that early is almost completely unheard of, and our family has been very, very lucky. DadZ is basically cancer free (he had a radical pancreatectomy and is now a bittle diabetic and eats with Creon).
As such, MomZ and I work very hard to give back to the 92% of families that won’t be as lucky when their loved ones get a pancreatic cancer diagnosis.
Here’s how PurpleStride Cleveland and Team “Ziffel Whipple’d PanCan” did:
- Total raised: $230,000/$300,000 (77% of goal).
- Top Team: “Exceptional, Not Average” ($27,918).
- Ziffel Raised: $2,695 (54% of goal).
- Total # on Team Ziffel: 12 (120% of goal).
- Top Team Ziffel fundraiser: Andrea Hauserman ($570).
- Charlie’s Race Time: DNF (the course was weird :( ).
We had a ton of people donating. I was so honored to be able to present our donations to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.